If you have any questions about where, there are plenty of ways to find out your polling place.
- If you've got a smartphone, text to (312) 361-8846 and follow the steps in the previous post.
- Or go to Google's home page and click.
- Or go to www.chicagoelections.com. UPDATE: The website has crashed due to over-use. Try the text or Google option until it's working again.
- Bring a photo ID. It's not required, but if for some reason your voter status is challenged, it's a heck of a lot easier to have ID with you than to go home, get it, and stand in line again.
- There are a lot of judges on the ballot. If you want to save time, just remember the bad ones and vote "no." Check with VoteForJudges for a PDF file of twelve bar associations' recommendations.
- Ald. Cappleman wrote in his newsletter: "Questions or complaints should be reported to Election Central at 312-269-7870."
- Save your voting receipt: sometimes it's good for a free drink.