We're hearing it takes just a couple minutes to vote: the only offices on the ballot are Mayor, City Clerk, City Treasurer, and Alderman.
The list of all polling places is here. The ones closest to Uptown are
- Truman College (1145 West Wilson)
- Welles Park (2333 West Sunnyside)
- Edgewater Branch Library (6000 North Broadway)
- Merlo Branch Library (644 West Belmont).
Early voting hours are:
- Monday, February 11 - Saturday, February 16: 9am-5pm
- Sunday, February 17: 10am-4pm
- Monday, February 18 - Friday, February 22: 9am-7pm
- Saturday, February 23: 9am-5pm
- Sunday, February 24: 10am-4pm
- Monday, February 25: 9am-5pm (seven sites, including Welles Park, will be open until 7pm)
But wait, there's more!
If you want to vote by mail, your request must be received by February 21st. Instructions are here.
If you aren't registered to vote, you can register and vote at the same time. Be sure to bring two forms of ID, one of which must show your current address.
If you want to go old school and vote on Election Day (Tuesday, February 26th), you must vote in your precinct. Polls will be open from 6am until 7pm. You can make sure you're registered here, and check your polling place too.