He accepted a plea deal sentence of sixty years in prison.
Mr. Singleton, who has been incarcerated since he was captured the night of the murder in June 2017, was 31 at the time. Because people convicted of first-degree murder are not eligible for early release from prison and must serve 100% of their sentence, he will be imprisoned until he is 91 years old. Illinois no longer has a death penalty.
She referred to Mr. Singleton as her daddy, although he was not her biological father. It was a horrendous, brutal, heartbreaking crime that never should have happened.
Nothing will bring Alexis back, but there is some relief in knowing that the man who killed her will never walk free again.
Rest in peace, Alexis. You didn't deserve any of this. You are still remembered and you are still loved by many.
- Uptown: 60 years for killing 12-year-old girl with hammer and knife (CWB)
- Man sentenced in murder of girl, 12, who screamed 'Please Daddy, don't' as she was stabbed and beaten (ABC7 Chicago)
- Man gets 60 years after admitting to killing 12-year-old girl as she screamed, 'Please, Daddy, don't' (Chicago Tribune)
- 12-Year-Old Girl Stabbed To Death On Beacon In Domestic Dispute (2017, Uptown Update)
- Man Charged With Murder In Death of 12-Year-Old Alexis Stubbs (2017, Uptown Update)
- Man Accused of Murdering Alexis Stubbs Denied Bail (2017, Uptown Update)