According to CBS2 and readers on our Facebook page, "A fire broke out overnight in a high-rise building in the Uptown neighborhood. Something caught fire in a hallway in the prewar high-rise at 4423 N. Sheridan Rd. The fire broke out at 3:15 a.m. and was brought under control a short time later."
You can read the rest of the story here, but thankfully there is no mention of any injuries. If you have any further details, please post them in the comments.
Update: Here's the Tribune story.
Update: A commenter says: "The resident that was taken to get medical assistance from this building lost his cat. He believes that the cat got out when the EMS team came. HAS ANYONE SEEN IT? Its a white and gray long-haired cat, its name is Buffy. I am unsure if Buffy is wearing a collar - but more than likely scared. If you see the cat, please post a reply to this message or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org."