- that the aldermanic campaigns are finally over!
- an active community of neighbors who care, really care, about what happens here, and get involved with Uptown's future and each others' lives
- the incredible diversity of people and cuisines, and the opportunity to learn about the world without leaving the North Side
- three new aldermen, all shiny and new and working hard
- funding for a new Wilson L station, rather than vague promises of "someday"
- solid hopes for an entertainment district
- a mayor who can find Uptown on a map and likes to hang out here
- that the Prez spent a few hours here in 2011
- residents whose time in the spotlight makes Uptown look good (Kevin from "Month at the Museum," Top Chef contestants, Design Star finalists)
- new businesses who are putting their hard-earned money into our neighborhood. We appreciate your trust
- established businesses that have become part of our lives and part of the community
- contributors to Uptown Update who make it what it is... we couldn't do it without you (and wouldn't want to try)
Thursday, November 24, 2011
An Attitude Of Gratitude
Subscribe to: Post Comments (Atom)
Happy Thanksgiving Uptown.ReplyDelete
Good times ahead.
Happy Thanksgiving to all. As far as good times ahead, I will believe it when I see it and I would not hold my breath on it waiting for the good times to come.ReplyDelete
And bah humbug to you, too, Mr Wiseguy! ;-)ReplyDelete
In case you haven't noticed (and I'm quite sure you haven't), Uptown has improved considerably in the past decade, and there's no reason it won't continue to.
Of course, you won't realize it, just as you have missed all the progress so far. And for that, I am very sorry.
Happy Thanksgiving all! As usual thank you UU for keeping us well informedReplyDelete
Landmarks...happy Thanksgiving to all Uptowners (and Chicagoans, and fellow Americans), and a big THANK YOU to Uptown Update and to our new alderman James Cappleman who, after decades of decay, is striving to make Uptown thrive!ReplyDelete
Yes ! Thanks-Giving UPTOWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!ReplyDelete
Wow. Wise Guy is bitter. I am happy as hell the good times are here! (Just stop reading the news you will feel better.)ReplyDelete
Hope everybody had a happy Thanksgiving!
Happy Thanksgiving to all......I'm looking forward to Uptown improving. Again, as a 20 year resident I dont see it yet, but what the heck! I love it here, and no 2 bit thug or 'clam chouder' is going to make me move.ReplyDelete
Word....to the thugs and 2-bit criminals? You will FAIL.