Welp, the CTA work on the Red/Purple Line Modernization Project has reached Uptown.
Starting late Friday night, and going until 5am on Monday, August 1st, workers will be drilling around the clock to make way for the new track infrastructure.
According to the CTA, this is what to expect:
- West Lawrence Avenue between the CTA tracks and North Winthrop Avenue will be closed to vehicular traffic.
- West Lawrence Avenue between Broadway and the CTA tracks will be local traffic only.
- The sidewalk on the north side of West Lawrence Avenue within the work zone will be closed at all times.
- The sidewalk on the south side of West Lawrence Avenue will remain open at all times.
- Residents north of West Lawrence Avenue will need to access the alley via West Ainslie Street.
- Access to businesses on West Lawrence Avenue will be maintained.
- There will be noise while work is being performed, including nighttime noise:
- General construction noise
- Noise and vibration from drilling and hauling material
- Beeping from backup alarms on equipment and vehicles
- Flagging horns