With Uplift High School's transition into an Early College STEAM school,* the campus (900 West Wilson) is undergoing significant upgrades to accommodate the new curriculum. Uplift's principal, Dr. Tyrese Graham, tweeted:
"Uptown’s High School is being reimagined! I can’t wait to unveil the beautiful transformation that is in store. Enroll today at @uplift_high to be a part of a learning community that is being designed for the 21st Century!"
We reached out to Dr. Graham to find out more, and he replied:
- renovating our student fitness center and teachers' lounge
- transitioning our library to a design center
- creating robotics and music production studios
- creating a new fine arts suite (2D and 3D)
- renovating all three of our science labs
- renovating our Health classroom, and
- creating a new outdoor student cafe."
Here's to a revitalized Uplift, building on the past and looking to the future.* An Early College STEAM school focuses on Science, Technology, Engineering, Arts, and Mathematics, and students can earn significant college credits -- and even an Associates degree -- while still in high school. Uplift is one of only two Early College STEAM high schools in the CPS system.