The Red/Purple Line Modernization Project will necessitate the closure of the alley west of Kenmore between Buena and Montrose next week. Work will take place between the hours of 7am and 7pm, beginning on Monday, May 20th, and continuing through Wednesday, May 27th.
The work is described as "Test Micropile Drilling and Installation."
CTA describes the local impact as:
- Access to the alley from W. Montrose Avenue will be prohibited (24/7) until the work activity is completed.
- The alley will be accessible for local traffic only from W. Buena Avenue.
- The sidewalk on the south side of W. Montrose Avenue will be closed under the CTA tracks.
- The sidewalk on the north side of W. Montrose Avenue will remain open.
- The contractor will maintain garbage and recycling pickup.
- There will be noise while work is being performed, including:
- General construction noise
- Noise from drilling and loading
- Beeping for backup alarms on maintenance equipment and vehicles