As part of the Red/Purple lines modernization project, the tracks near Montrose will be upgraded. This is what CTA has to say about the first step:
"Weekday and Weekend Work
- Monday, March 2 to Friday, April 3, 2020
- The alley west of 4400-4466 N Broadway Avenue
- The alley west of 4208-4364 N Kenmore Avenue
- 7 am to 7 pm, daily
- Traction Power and Site Preparation
- The alleys may be intermittently blocked by construction equipment and vehicles during stated work hours.
- Vehicle access to enter/exit garages will be maintained.
- Delivery access will be maintained.
- The contractor will maintain garbage and recycling pickup.
- There will be overnight deliveries to the construction site."