We've been posting since 2015 about the upcoming modernization of the Red and Purple Lines north of Wilson. The massive project -- the largest in CTA's history -- involves the tracks and four stations between Leland and Bryn Mawr being completely replaced. It's all set to begin by the end of the year and is projected to be completed in 2025.
There will be open houses held at the end of the month to help residents and businesses know what to expect as this project gets going. Here's what the Facebook event says:
"Come out for an informational meeting hosted by Chicago Transit Authority about the Red Purple Modernization (RPM) project.
At this meeting, you will learn about:
- Project timeline
- Community impacts
- Temporary station construction
- Anticipated alley and street closures
- Alternative parking options during construction
- Construction of new stations and tracks
Full schedule of January 2020 RPM Open Houses:
- Tuesday, January 28, 9:30am - 1pm at Furama Chicago (for businesses south of Foster)
- Tuesday, January 28, 4-8pm at Furama Chicago (for residents south of Foster)
- Thursday, January 30, 9am-1pm at Saint Ita Catholic Church (for businesses north of Foster)
- Thursday, January 30, 4-8pm at Saint Ita Catholic Church (for residents north of Foster)"
Post a Comment