Turn on Explore Mode: Saigon-to-Stockholm
On Friday, April 19th, the North Face is teaming up with Chicago Foodways Tours for an urban culinary expedition. Explore the cultures and global flavors of the Uptown and Andersonville neighborhoods.
- Discover the Asia on Argyle neighborhood and taste the best Vietnamese food in the city
- Learn to toast like a Viking in a haunted former speakeasy
- Make your taste buds dance during a guided Middle Eastern spice tasting
- Stumble on a forgotten silent film study where Hollywood’s biggest star made his name
- Travel through time to as you learn the stories of Chicago’s many waves of immigration
- Feed your belly and your soul with 12 generous food tastings, plus coffee and spirits
- Lock your phone away and connect in real life to the world, each other and yourself
- Complimentary motorcoach transportation is provided from The North Face, 875 N. Michigan Avenue, with return transportation
- Meet at The North Face at 10:30 to attend the first tour, at 11:30 to attend the second tour.
- Food tour is 3 hours long
- Total walking on the tour is 1.25 miles
- 12 generous food and drink tastings provided from 6 restaurants
- Enjoy the tastes of Vietnamese, Middle Eastern and Swedish cuisinesLearn about the history of these diverse neighborhoods
- Menu includes shrimp, pork, and dairy unless Vegetarian is specified
- EventBrite ticket is required
The North Face is covering most of your ticket fee in exchange for an agreement to lock up your phone in a Yondr case to help you unplug and explore the city. Cameras will be provided to document the experience
Buy your tickets here. Vegetarian options are available. Tickets are going fast!