"This morning I heard from 19th Police District Commander Marc Buslik that there were two shootings in the 46th Ward last night.
- The first one occurred around 11:45 p.m. at 3940 N. Sheridan, near the Sheridan Red Line Station, and the police believe it was self-inflicted.
- The second one was a drive-by that occurred around 5:15 a.m. at 1251 W. Wilson, which appears to be a case of mistaken identity.
- Both shooting victims are in good condition. As a result, the police have established an increased presence.
Additionally, I want to remind people that the Chicago Police Department has created the TXT2TIP program so that you can anonymously and safely report crime by sending information to the Chicago Police Department via text message. Follow these easy steps to submit a tip via text message:
- Create a new text message or SMS text on your mobile phone
- Enter the number 274637 in the “TO” line
- In the message box, type the word CPD, a space, and then your crime tip information
- Hit “send” to send the text message You will receive an automatically generated message acknowledging your tip.
- Your identity will not be revealed to the Chicago Police Department. Click here for more information about this program.