- Carmela's Taqueria, 1206 W Lawrence
- El Gallo Bravo #5, 1429 W Montrose. In Rayan Plaza, and open until 2am.
- El Palmar,* 1008 W Irving Park. Another late night stand-by.
- Fiesta Mexicana,* 4806 N Broadway
- Kie-Gol-Lanee, 5004 N Sheridan -- a new restaurant featuring Oaxacan food, with the best mole we've had since the fabled days of Los Tres Sombreros. BYOB.
- La Ciudad,* 4515 N Sheridan -- a BYOB, but you can bring your own tequila and they'll whip you up a great pitcher of margaritas. On the wagon? Just order the pitcher.
- Lindo Guadalajara, 4761 N Clark. No booze, but open 24 hours, and very friendly.
- Taqueria El Ranchito,* 4651 N Clark, open long hours, cheap food, reasonably priced margaritas, what's not to love?
- Taqueria Mr. Salsa, 1025 W Montrose
- Tiztal Cafe, 4631 N Clark -- no liquor license, but great Mexican food for breakfast, brunch and lunch. Try an oatmeal shake
- Tolotzin Mexican Cuisine,* 4431 N Broadway. Lunch specials 11am-3pm, and delicious dinners. BYOB, so bring your tequila and they'll whip you up some margaritas.
Tuesday, February 21, 2017
¡Arriba, Abajo, Al Centro, Pa' Dentro! National Margarita Day Is Just Around The Corner
National Margarita Day, celebrated each February 22nd. Luckily, there are a plethora of Mexican restaurants in Uptown at which to celebrate. The ones with asterisks after their names actually serve margaritas. We've eaten at most and intend to try them all. Enjoy! (The phrase in the title above is basically "Down the Hatch!")
By Kate Uptown - February 21, 2017