"On Tuesday, September 15th, Uptown Underground was host to the 3rd Annual 46 Ward Awards. I want to thank everyone who participated in the nomination and voting process, attended the event or otherwise worked to make the night such a great success!
3rd Annual Ward Award Winners
- Best Non-Profit: Cornerstone Community Outreach
- Best Restaurant/Bar: Pizza Rustica Italian Bistro & Bar
- Ward Innovator: FLATS Chicago
- Best Storefront Display: The Public Barber
- Good Neighbor - Business: Baker + Nosh
- Good Neighbor - Individual: Julianne Scherer
- Best New Business: The Public Barber
A full photo gallery is available online here. Password is Uptown Underground (case sensitive). A special thanks to Robert Potter and REP3 Photography for offering his time & talents to the event. Photos are available for download & purchase.
Again, thanks to all who attended the 3rd Annual 46 Ward Awards. I look forward to doing it again next year. As we work to improve the Awards for next year, we want to hear from you! Please let us know how we can improve next year's awards!"
We adore the Public Barber, but really hoped Jake's would win best window. Who hasn't benefited by the knowledge that "Only a rooster can get a better piece of chicken"? We learned it from Jake's.
*Uptown Update doesn't promote political fundraisers, but anyone can vote for the nominees. The money raised from attending the awards ceremony goes to Ald. Cappleman's campaign fund.