"Last Monday, I was honored to be sworn in for a second term as your alderman. Think back about what the 46th Ward was like 4 years ago. The next 4 years will bring more positive changes to the ward as I build on the work that we've already started.
Expect to see the following in the near future:
- We will have a completed Wilson L Station, along with a large retail space that will cover the entire Gerber Building. The goal is to have an indoor farmer's market for that space.
- We will get a new streetscape along Broadway from Gunnison to Wilson, including an outdoor plaza in front of the Riviera. Work will start early next year.
- Work will have started on the rehab of the Clarendon Park Community Center and the former Maryville site.
- New retail at the Dearborn Grocers site on Montrose.
- Rehab of the retail spaces along the east side of the 3800 block of N. Broadway will be underway.
- We can expect more transit-oriented developments near our L stations.
Earlier this week, I was appointed vice-chair of the City Council Zoning Committee, which means I will be working closely with Ald. Solis, the Zoning chair on all City zoning matters. We are experiencing a building boom in parts of Chicago so zoning is especially important now. In City Council, I will continue to fight for more government efficiency to make sure we are using your tax dollars wisely.
I want to thank all of you for your support and I pledge to make both the 46th Ward and the City of Chicago a greater place to call home. I look forward to serving you for another 4 years."