"We are excited to be back for 2015 with 100 vendors of great vintage in all categories like vintage clothing, home decor, mid century modern, pop culture, furniture, kitsch and more.
5051 N. Broadway Uptown is the place. 10 to 5. $5 admission. The Garage is covered so rain or shine, we'll be there.
Below we've shared some tips to make your Vintage Garage season opener the best it can be!
- Be early. At the opening bell, your chances of getting the best are better! (see how to get in even earlier, (9:30 at the season opener and get a coffee each month by becoming a V.I.G. here)
- Dress WARM. The Vintage Garage in April is usually cold inside. We are covered, but sides are open. Wear a few layers you can peel off, and warm socks and shoes. Concrete is cold after the long winter. You won't be sorry!
- Get good parking. Come early. This is Chicago, so street parking can be scarce later in the day. If you come early, you should have no trouble and there are no meter fees on Sundays! VGC is less than a block from the Argyle Red Line station as well.
- Be sharp! Tired or hungover vintage shoppers might miss something, so get your beauty sleep. :)
- Bring cash! Many dealers take all forms of payment, but don't miss anything by making sure you have plenty of cash with you. If you happen upon that one dealer who has your dream piece and they only accept cash, someone else can grab it while you are at the ATM.
- Meet the vendors! Many of our Garage dealers are there every month and want to build their customer base. Tell them what you are looking for. Hunting down things is what we do. The dealers are also a really cool group of people!
- Ask for a better deal. Don't be afraid to ask for a better deal and be polite and reasonable. Don't offer less than 1/2 price for an item, think 10% to 20%. Dealers have to pay for their booth and all sorts of other expenses associated with tracking down the coolest vintage, but make no mistake, they want to haggle.
- Buy the best you can afford. Quality pieces stand the test of time. Be on the lookout and know what serious quality is in the category you collect. The price is right with vintage, you can get more for your money.
- Look closely. It's dim in the Garage and in most early morning markets. Pull out your iPhone flashlight or ask to take the piece closer to light for a better look. Also use your fingers to feel as you look, be confident your piece is 100% whole and undamaged.
- Spend the day. Uptown has amazing shops. Two of the best antique malls in the city are a few Red Line stops away. You never even have to move your car! So many great places to eat too!
The 2015 market dates are, April 19, May 17, June 21, July 19, August 16, September 20 and October 18. The Vintage Garage has vintage and antiques at 5051 N. Broadway, Chicago IL 60640 each month, April through October on the third Sunday. 10am to 5pm $5 admission and the official website is www.vintagegaragechicago.com.
Purchase a season pass (Very Important Garager) via Paypal below. It helps support the Garage and keeps the best in vintage coming to Chicago We thank you for your support and look forward to the 2015 season!
- Buy Your 2015 Vintage Garage Season VIG Pass HERE
- Follow Vintage Garage on Instagram!
- RSVP for the Garage Season Opener HERE!
- Apply to sell vintage at Vintage Garage Chicago HERE!"
Vendors the first month include Dead Girl's Vintage, Century Chicago, Retro Treasures, NOV, Abundance Abounds Antiques, Mid Century Misfits, Karma Vintage Goods, First Ladies Vintage, Narrative Mercantile, Collector's Agency, Gypsy Mouse, The White Iris Boutique, Proud Mary Vintage, Kaleidoscope Vintage, Pippy, Bolted and many more. We'll have Heritage Outpost, Fotio and 104.3 K-Hits. It's going to be a great day Uptown!
Post a Comment