Wednesday night reporter Randi Belisomo of WGN presented more of her series on the Uptown Theater and the proposed Uptown Entertainment District, and there's a lot to take in:
- Will Uptown's Music District Find A Rhythm in Uptown? was on the WGN News At Nine. A transcript and the video are here.
- At 10pm, CLTV did a half-hour live special called Creating a Music District, with Jerry Mickelson of Jam Productions (owner of the Uptown Theater), Dave Jemilo of the Green Mill, and 46th Ward alderman James Cappleman. It's split into several segments online: Part One, Viewer Questions & Comments, and Closing Thoughts.
- There's an interview with the Mayor about the creation of the Entertainment District and the Uptown music scene. He mentions the Truman Parking Garage, the lighting that will come with the modernized Wilson L station, the Broadway and Argyle streetscaping, and the Entertainment District, and how he believes these will all come together to spur development, such as more restaurants and businesses. The entire interview is about nine minutes long.
- There's an interview with Ric Addy called A Peek Inside Shake Rattle & Read.
- All the stories, from Tuesday and Wednesday, and the extras, can be found on one page: http://wgntv.com/news/stories/chicagos-music-district/
- In addition, there will be a discussion open to the public later this month: