To volunteer at a tax preparation site:
- No experience is necessary—choose a position to fit your current skills or learn something new. All trainings are provided; online training is available November-January, classroom training will be available on January 5th, 7th, 9th and 12th.
- Volunteers are asked to commit 20 hours (averaging to a few hours a week) between January and April.
- Our Uptown tax site, located at Truman College at 1145 W. Wilson, is open in the evening Monday through Thursday and in the daytime on Saturday.
- Tax preparers: Work with clients to file federal and state tax returns and provide counseling on tax credits and forms.
- Tax site assistants: Perform essential non-tax-preparation activities, including client intake, translating and educating on basic banking options available on site.
Post a Comment