last 46th Ward Town Hall meeting at Truman College:
- The Wilson Broadway Mall will be torn down toward the end of this year. The CTA's carpenter's workshop (the building that is directly west of Rokito's) is scheduled to be torn down as well. Details of what can be saved from the terra cotta of this building are not yet determined.
- Later this year, there will be public meetings to discuss the design of the station. We will post the dates of these meetings as soon as we hear them.
- There will be a major focus on preserving the Gerber Building, with the arch and clock also getting replaced. In this building, we hope to include an indoor market for fresh fruits, vegetables, etc.
- All of the current tracks over the Wilson Station will be removed and new tracks will be built over the site where the Wilson Broadway Mall is located. Where the tracks cross over N. Broadway at the intersection of Leland, none of the supports will be touching any part of the street. The crumbling supports will be a thing of the past. [UU Note: Hooray!]
- The vast amount of the deconstruction and construction of the Wilson L will take place in 2014, and there are no plans to shut down this station while it's getting rebuilt.
- The part of the platform that will extend south of Wilson Avenue will be completed in 2015.
- Details about the entrances and exits have not yet been decided. That will be part of the public planning process. Part of that decision is also driven by where the elevator and escalator can realistically be placed and that's not known yet.
- The Purple Line will make a stop at the Wilson L.
- The Lawrence L stop will experience a makeover in 2013, but details of the extent of this have not yet been made available.