There've been a lot of comments and concerns this week on UU lately about what drives small businesses away. Remember that not patronizing small businesses has the very same effect as a mega-store moving in next door! Please remember to look close to home when you shop, so Uptown can retain the mom-n-pop shops that it already has, and attract more.
- For soup on cold days, we like Purple Cow and Cousins (Leland just east of Clark).
- For breakfast, we like Golden House Pancakes (next to the Riv) and Tiztal (4631 N Clark).
- For lunch, Alma Pita (4600 N Magnolia) and Thai Uptown (4621 N Broadway).
- For dinner, Dib (Kenmore & Lawrence), Fontana Grill (Beacon & Wilson), and Magnolia Cafe (1224 W Wilson).
- For pizza, Papa Ray's (4757 N Sheridan) and Michael's (4091 N Broadway)
- For drinks, Crew (4802 N Broadway) and Driftwood (1021 N Montrose)
But that's just us. What are your favorite locally owned go-to spots? Give them a shout-out in the comments.