A free, all-day, family event from 10 a.m.-3 p.m., North Lake Shore Earth Day is an initiative a part of Loyola University Chicago’s Weekend of Excellence. There will be
- a workshop on creating your own urban garden
- a workshop about recycling your old cell phone and other electronics
- community bike rides and safety lessons
- food tasting and a green fair
- a talk by Ald. Mary Ann Smith about how she preserved green space in the 48th Ward
- a discussion on how to create pedestrian-friendly streets and neighborhoods
- a child's area sponsored by Rep. Harry Osterman
Thanks UU! I've registered for the workshops on...ReplyDelete
-How to create pedestrian-friendly streets &
-Mary Ann's presentation on perserving community green space
This is especially timely since the Wilson Yard and Turman parking completely amputated our pedestrian access to the El station, Target and Aldi's.
Uban planning nightmare.