- There was a repeat performance earlier this week, around Sheridan/Lakeside and Sheridan/Lawrence. According to neighbors, there was a huge and immediate police response to a very frightening situation. What is it that these idiot rioters don't understand about "The world is watching"?
- Uptown's brawls made CNN. Don Lemon's report on "Chicago's Deadly Streets" on Saturday, August 22, featured the taped violence. See it here (although the clip was much longer on the actual show.) It was shown again on Tuesday.
- The Lake Street Lookout blog, which has dealt with local violence issues of its own, ran an Open Letter to Our Uptown Neighbors, concluding with: "As that one resident types this Editorial, she would like to commend the residents of Uptown for standing up, joining together and fighting for their neighborhood. Your Lake & Halsted neighbors applaud you! Violence can only continue if unchallenged. KEEP UP THE GOOD FIGHT!"
- Chicagoist offered an faux apology (a la Daley):
"ALDERMAN HELEN SHILLER: I thought those rowdy young men were having a good time. I thought it was some sort of new crazy dance the kids do these days. I didn't know I've allowed my ward to degenerate into mob violence. Sorry about that!"
- Videographer (and non-aldermanic candidate) Joe Gray blogged: "What I learned from my adventure in citizen journalism"