A reader sends us some unfortunate news and warns pedestrians to use caution:
There was a fire tonight at approximately 4:30 PM on the top floor (3rd story) of a condo building on the southwest corner of Kenmore and Leland. Fortunately, no one was seriously injured and the damage was contained to one unit. They didn't even have to water down the surrounding units (thankfully - that'd cause serious damage to the hardwood!). All the windows were blown out in the unit. There are glass shards around that area - be careful with your dogs, children, bare feet, etc...UPDATE: Neighbors tell us that Ald. Shiller was present at the scene of the fire; some sent in photos to prove it. If this is, indeed, her reaction to the comments at Wednesday's meeting that she is an absentee alderman, we're happy to think she may have taken those comments to heart.