Near parks, the cameras will be active when the parks are open, generally from 6 a.m. to 11 p.m. seven days a week. The speed limits near parks is 30 mph.
Near schools, the cameras will be active from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. on school days. From 7 a.m. to 4 p.m., the speed limit in those areas is 20 mph when children are present and 30 mph when they are not. From 4 p.m. to 7 p.m., the limit is 30 mph.The first fifty cameras will roll out before the end of the year. The one in Uptown will be at
Under state law, the city can install the cameras at up to 300 schools and parks in designated safety zones. A Tribune analysis showed they could cover nearly half the city.
- Challenger Playlot Park, 1100 W. Irving Park Rd.
- Horner Park, 2741 W. Montrose Ave.
- Lane Tech College Prep High School, 2501 W. Addison St.
- Senn Playlot Park, 5887 N. Ridge Ave.
- Welles Park, 2333 W. Sunnyside Ave.