The Argyle Mid-Autumn Moon Festival, taking place on Saturday, September 10th, 3pm to 10pm, commemorates the second most important holiday behind Lunar New Year from many different Asian cultures.
This one-day culturally focused event on Argyle Street (at Winthrop) intends to add value and meaning to the Asia on Argyle District in Uptown. It's sponsored by HAIBAYÔ, a creative initiative that aims to energize the historic Asia on Argyle corridor through innovative cross-cultural, multi-generational collaborations.
Join us for a wide range of musical acts, cultural performances, live art painting, youth lantern making sessions, artisanal vendors, and an immersive light experience.
- PERFORMANCES: There will be two stages. Entertainment will be provided by traditional Asian instrumentalists to local Uptown hip-hop artists to Southeast Asian vocalists and singers to fire dancers. We aim to present a diverse line-up that transcends cultures and generations.
- ART: From lantern making to face-painting for youth to live painting from local artists and muralists.
- VENDORS: HAIBAYÔ presents an array of arts & crafts and artisan vendors that will be selling their creative pieces. From packaged moon cakes to apparel, from art stitching to custom enamel pins, there will be something for everyone to take home with you!
- LIGHTING: Once the sun sets, you’ll be welcomed with illuminated lights and lanterns all throughout the festival. From inflated light art pieces to hanging lanterns to an alter/shrine area, we aim to add the cultural element of honoring the moon and lighting lanterns seen in traditional celebrations throughout Asia.
- FOOD: Immm Rice & Beyond and Pho Xe Lua will be vending at our festival, but we encourage people to support local by ordering take-out food and drinks and bring and eat Alfresco in festival area. Check out Uptown United’s Alfresco Food Guide and the Uptown Food Guide for other suggestions to eat!