Starting Tuesday, July 14th, and running through Friday, July 24th, CTA will be demolishing the building at 1124 West Argyle, as part of the Red/Purple Line renovations.
Work will run 7am to 5pm daily, and will impact Argyle and the alley behind 5001-5069 Broadway.
According to CTA, local impact will be felt in these ways:
- The alley behind 5001-5069 N. Broadway will be closed (24/7) for the duration of the work activity.
- The sidewalk on the north side of W. Argyle Street will be closed within the work zone and a walkway will be established for pedestrian access.
- The parking lane on the north side of W. Argyle Street will be closed within the work zone.
- The contractor will maintain garbage pickup.
- The contractor will implement the necessary dust mitigation procedures.
- There will be noise while work is being performed, including:
- General demolition noise
- Running air compressors, excavators, and generators
- Use of pneumatic and gas/impact tools
- Truck traffic
- Beeping from backup alarms on maintenance equipment and vehicles
- Materials disposal