I have been in constant communication with the commanders of the 19th and 20th police districts, as well as with many of my aldermanic colleagues. We are aware of these posts and are monitoring the situation closely.
While the district commanders do not believe there is currently a risk of immediate harm to our ward, it remains possible that property damage to businesses could occur.
If you work at a business in the area, please consider doing the following:
- Remove all cash from the premises
- Bring in any outdoor objects like planters and chairs that are not bolted down
- Move valuable objects (e.g., jewelry, electronics) away from your storefront windows, either to the interior of your business or off premises
- Close early if you can
- If you reside in the area, please stay at home tonight if you are able. (Note that Mayor Lightfoot's 9pm-6am curfew remains in effect.)
- And if you are aware of any construction sites that need to be secured -- due, for example, to freestanding loose bricks -- please fill out this form.
I hope you and your loved ones are as healthy as possible. As always, please don't hesitate to contact my office with any questions."