The work, which is part of the Red/Purple Line replacement project, will involve the replacing the contact rail.
The work will begin at 10pm on Friday and is scheduled to be completed by 4am on Monday. The CTA stresses that it is "rolling work," and "no singular location outside of the area where the crane is staged will have constant noise while the work activity is taking place."
Here's what to expect:
- A crane will be staged in the parking lot at 1130 W. Lawrence Avenue.
- There will be noise while work is being performed. Noise will include:
- General construction noise
- Use of pneumatic tools
- Metal on metal material handling
- Noise from rail equipment, crane and maintenance equipment
- Beeping for backup alarms on maintenance equipment and vehicles
- Flagging horns