|click to enlarge|
2019 'Summer @ Buttercup' is upon us and we have a fantastic summer programming line up that the all-volunteer Buttercup Park Advisory Committee (BPAC) has put together. I have attached a flyer of all of this summer's events as an invite to all of you to please attend and help us build community in Uptown.
Highlights for 2019 Summer @ Buttercup:
- Youth Wednesday - Every Weds - hosted with CAPS (Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy): full of events, free hot dogs and a fun environment where our local police interact with the youth.
- "Family Play Dates" - Every third Sunday at 10am in the playlot
- "Make Music" events (check out the impressive line up) throughout the summer including a piano in the park where free lessons are provided every Saturday.
- "Theater in the Park" events where different backgrounds and life experiences are shared through spoken word and other forms. Come enjoy Fehinty African Theater (8/3) or Melanin Voices (6/22).
- "Buttercup Movies" -- self-funded, four Saturday movies at dusk to bring the community together -- 7/13 Napoleon Dynamite, 7/27 Come Drink With Me, 8/24 Spiderman: Into The Spiderverse (along with our annual BYOP (Bring Your Own Picnic) before the movie, and 9/7 After School Cartoons.
The all-volunteer team of BPAC does a great job of bringing all of this programming to the park in addition to clean and green and other park beautification efforts!
Buttercup Park is located at 4901 North Sheridan Road, at Ainslie.