"This summer and fall, join Atlas Obscura for a series of four Sunday afternoon concerts and performances in the Chapel at Graceland Cemetery (4001 North Clark Street).
The first event on July 28 will feature silent film and dance performances, as well as clips from a few films created by Chicagoans. Explore Chicago's connection to dance and see how the city's past choreographers have helped shape modern dance today with a performance from Synapse Arts.
The program will be led by Graceland historian Adam Selzer, who will discuss the lives and historic contributions of several film artists and dancers at Graceland. Adam will also conduct a tour of Graceland prior to the event at 10am that will end at the Graceland Cemetery Chapel.
- Check-in will start at 11:30am.
- Prior to the event, at 10am, Adam Selzer will lead an hour-and-a-half walking tour of Graceland Cemetery. Combination tickets are available for purchase for $50 and include both the tour and the event itself.
- Restrooms are not available in the Chapel but are available in the office at the entrance to Graceland.
- The chapel is ADA accessible.
- Future dates and programming for the Chapel at Graceland series will be announced soon.
Buy tickets and read more at the Facebook Event Page. The event is $35; the tour and the event is $50.