It should just take a couple minutes to vote: the only offices on the ballot are Mayor, City Treasurer, and Alderman (48th Ward voters don't have an aldermanic run-off, but 46th and 48th Ward voters do).
The list of all polling places is here. The ones closest to Uptown are
- Truman College (1145 West Wilson)
- Welles Park (2333 West Sunnyside)
- Edgewater Branch Library (6000 North Broadway)
- District 19 Police Station (850 West Addison). Please note that voting is not available this election at the Merlo Library.
Early voting hours are:
- Monday, March 18 - Saturday, March 23: 9am-5pm
- Sunday, March 24: 10am-4pm
- Monday, March 25 - Friday, March 29: 9am-7pm
- Saturday, March 30: 9am-5pm
- Sunday, March 31: 10am-4pm
- Monday, April 1: 9am-5pm (seven sites, including Welles Park, will be open until 7pm)
If you want to vote by mail, your request must be received by March 28th (but the Board of Elections strongly suggests submitting your request earlier.). Instructions are here.
If you aren't registered to vote, you can register and vote at the same time. Be sure to bring two forms of ID, one of which must show your current address.
If you want to go old school and vote on Election Day (Tuesday, April 2nd), you must vote in your precinct. Polls will be open from 6am until 7pm. You can make sure you're registered here, and check your polling place too.