With the local results mostly in (scroll down in this post), and the mail-in votes still to be counted, it shakes down like this:
- 46th Ward is headed to a runoff, with incumbent James Cappleman getting approximately 44% of the vote and Marianne Lalonde getting approximately 18%
- 47th Ward will be heading to a runoff, with Matt Martin getting approximately 39% and Michael A. Negron getting 21%
- 48th Ward was a runaway victory for Harry Osterman, who got approximately 84% of the vote
- Ameya Pawar, the outgoing alderman of the 47th Ward, will go into a runoff with Melissa Conyears-Ervin for City Treasurer. She got 44% of the vote, he got 42%.
- And, of course, there will be runoff in the mayoral race, with Preckwinkle versus Lightfoot.
So the Board of Election Commissioners for the City of Chicago will have a few days, maybe even a few weeks, before they certify the final totals.
Onward to April 2nd....