The list we ran last week has some additions, highlighted in blue.
There can be challenges from other candidates disputing the validity or number of signatures, so this isn't a definitive list of what names will appear on the ballot.
But someone on each list will be sworn into office next May.
- James Cappleman (filed 11/19/2018, 9am) (incumbent)
- Angela Clay (filed 11/26/2018, 5pm)
- Erika Wozniak Francis (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Justin Kreindler (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Marianne LaLonde (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Jon-Robert McDowell (filed 11/26/2018, 5pm)
- Eileen Dordek (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Jeff Jenkins (filed 11/26/2018, 5pm)
- Gus Katsafaros (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Heather Way Kitzes (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Kimball Ladien (filed 11/26/2018, 5pm)
- Angela "Angie" Maloney (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Matt Martin (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Michael A. Negron (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Thomas M. Schwartzers (filed 11/19/2018, 9am)
- Harry Osterman (filed 11/19/2018, 9am) (incumbent)
- David Earl Williams, III (filed 11/26/2018, 5pm)
- 47th Ward alderman Ameya Pawar is one of four candidates who filed petitions for the office of City Treasurer.
- There are 21 candidates who submitted petitions for the office of Mayor: Dorothy A. Brown, Gery Chico, Conrien Hykes Clark, Catherine Brown D’Tycoon, William M. Daley, Amara Enyia, Robert “Bob” Fioretti, La Shawn K. Ford, Ja’mal Green, Jerry Joyce, John Kenneth Kozlar, Lori Lightfoot, Sandra L. Mallory, Richard Mayers, Garry McCarthy, Susanna A. Mendoza, Toni Preckwinkle, Neal Sales-Griffin, Paul Vallas, Roger L. Washington, and Willie L. Wilson.
- The only aldermen who are running unopposed are Brian Hopkins (2nd Ward), Scott Waguespack (32nd Ward), Gilbert Villegas (32nd Ward), and Brendan Reilly (42nd Ward).
Morons to the front of me, morons to the back of me into election season bravely goes the 46th Ward.ReplyDelete
I see Marc Kaplan has endorsed and likely encouraged Angela Clay to run. Never heard of her and after she loses I'm sure she'll disappear like the roughly 20 people who have run for alderman in this ward since 2011.
Let's look at the other challengers as Cappleman is well known to anyone who pays attention.
Ok the two guys just strike me as "off". McDowell's campaign logo is simultaneously pretentious and worthy of The Onion.
The state campaign donation website shows The Wizard of Woz(WOW)living on the near south side as late as summer 2017 after her buddy Joravsky had written about her complaining about the Stewart School Marketing in the Reader.
2841 s wells
chicago, IL 60616 $250.00
7/24/2017 Individual Contribution
Citizens for Pat Dowell
Wozniak, Erika B.
1725 N. Ashland Ave.
Chicago, IL 60622 $200.00
10/22/2015 Individual Contribution
Chicago Teachers Union PAC (Illinois Federation of Teachers)
I refuse to hyperlink because she annoys me, but here is her "debut" as a potential savior of Uptown before she apparently even lived here. I'm really looking forward to her losing. Seems to largely skip community meetings and seems to think the teacher's union is gonna do all the work to get her elected. Shit.
Plus she's touting a campaign soiree to celebrate her petitions being turned in. Where is said soiree? Downtown. MORON.
Now LaLonde(LaLa) strikes me as the only serious candidate in the challenging bunch. She's actually lived and been involved in the ward for more than a minute and is out there attending community meetings and events. Now she is destined to lose, but at least she's trying and she does have the most impressive background among the challengers. Northwestern PHD in a hard science ain't an EZ thing.
I originally though the WOW would be the winner to be the "first loser" among the gaggle challenging Cappleman, but given her aversion to actually attending events that aren't hosted by her campaign and her carpetbaggery I now suspect LaLa will outpoll her.
The other three will be lucky to get out of single digits in terms of voting percentage if they don't get tossed off the ballot by petition challenges.
How any of them expect to win with all the development going on and after a much better candidate and better funded candidate, Crawford, got trounced in the 2015 runoff is beyond me, but hey they get to try. That's the way it is and perhaps I'm just a fast typing moron myself and one of them will triumph and become elected leader of our ward--I wouldn't bet on any of that though.
I would like to apologize to the WOW campaign for suggesting the soiree was being held downtown.ReplyDelete
It's being held TUESDAY in Logan Square--totally different.
Chiya Chai Cafe: Reception for Erika Wozniak Francis
2770 N Milwaukee--That's Not DOWNTOWN. It's NOT the 46th ward. NOT Lakeview. NOT Uptown. Totally Different.
Stop by bring your checkbook and say hello to carpetbagger E-WOW and her refugee journalist friends from the former DNA INFO.
Any bets on whether Joravsky will be there?