The antlers, they sleigh us! Ride with Santa in the Jewel-Osco Holiday Bus on various routes throughout the city. Exact times are not yet available, but we'll keep you informed.
The bus's exterior has a red nose, antlers(!!!), Christmas lights, and a "Ralphie The Reindeer" wrap. The interior leaves no space undecorated, with strings of lights, festive seats, candy-cane striping, and Santa and his elves holding court in the back.
The routes that go near or through Uptown are:
- #92 Foster — Thursday, November 30
- #22 Clark — Friday, December 1 (photo opportunities available)
- #22 Clark — Saturday, December 2 (photo opportunities available)
|photo courtesy CTAweb on Flickr|
It apparently was on the Red Line this past Saturday, although the schedule was not up on CTA's website then. If you saw it, mazel tov!
It begins running on various lines around the city starting the week after Thanksgiving. It is due to be in Uptown on these dates:
- Red Line — Tuesday, December 12
- Purple Line — Wednesday, December 13
- Red Line — Thursday, December 14
- Purple Line — Friday, December 15
- Red Line & Purple Line — Saturday, December 16 (followed by the six-car Elves' Workshop Train). There will be photo availability.
- Purple Line — Thursday, December 21