Here's what the CTA says about its continuing and upcoming work as it heads into the home stretch of the massive Wilson Red Line rebuild:
- We will be performing our cut-over of new Track 4, thereby placing it into use by CTA, this weekend starting on Friday night at 8pm.
- Work and the closures will be continuous through Monday at 4am or until completion, whichever comes first. We do not anticipate that the work duration will be all the way until Monday at 4am. We are hoping to be wrapped up by early Sunday afternoon.
- There will be noise, construction lights, and dust in the work areas.
- The closures will be
- Broadway between Leland and Wilson
- Leland between Winthrop and Broadway
- the contractor will also be in the alley next to Target
- the contractor will also be in the alley north of Leland
- Following this weekend, Track 3 will be removed from service to make final alignment adjustments at the far north and south ends.
- After that, the same procedure will be performed on Tracks 2 & 1.
Wilson Main Station
- The new Wilson main station is scheduled to open in a limited capacity starting the morning of Wednesday, 9/20.
- The station will be set-up to serve the west platform only, and train service will be the same as it is now – Red Line only.
- The new east platform will be able to open up once the above-referenced final track adjustments are completed – and the station will be able to service both Purple and Red Line trains at that time.
- The west side of Broadway is getting close to completion.
- We are getting ready to pour the base course concrete Friday, which will need to cure for a week before we can place the surface asphalt, on 9/25.
- Street and sidewalk work on Wilson is complete.
- The street & sidewalk restoration work on Broadway has gone slower than we had hoped due to us encountering some unforeseen obstructions underneath the street.