|click to enlarge|
You may have noticed that Broadway has been getting new sidewalks in the area of the station. There will be street repaving done as well, which will mean big changes for drivers through the end of September.
Here's what's next, and the associated closures:
- Track Work.
- The installation of track on the elevated steel structure is progressing nicely. CTA will require three more days of full Broadway closure to complete this work, August 14th through August 16th, 9am-4pm.
- Sidewalk Replacement.
- The first phase of the sidewalk installation is completed, on the east side of Broadway between Wilson and Leland.
- This week, CTA will be continuing with the remainder of the sidewalk and curb on the east side of Broadway – pedestrians will use the new sidewalk in the meantime.
- CTA will also begin removing and installing sidewalk on the west side of Broadway (by Ace, Verizon, Spoil Me). This operation will be similar to what occurred on the east side last week. CTA hopes to have sidewalk closest to the buildings poured on Thursday. After that, they will continue by commencing street work.
- Street Work/Broadway Southbound Closure
- As CTA workers begin placing new asphalt on Broadway between Leland and Wilson, they will set up a southbound lane closure. It will resemble the image above.
- Initially, the work area will be on the West side of Broadway, so the northbound-only traffic will be shifted to the east.
- When the pavement on the west side of Broadway is complete, we will shift the northbound-only traffic to the west, onto the new pavement, and complete the east half of Broadway.
- This northbound-only traffic pattern will be in place around the clock starting Tuesday, August 15th through September 29th. Clifton will also be closed off during this time.