Per comments on UU's Facebook page by members of City Pads' management, we have learned:
- Construction is anticipated to begin in about a year.
- This is because the first priority is to find safe and affordable housing for the men who currently live at the hotel. This is estimated to take 6 to 12 months.
- Many of the current tenants are eligible for senior programs and/or housing.
- City Pads has hired a team to work with the residents to help them relocate into better situations. Ald. Cappleman told them that was the first priority.
- Twenty percent of the three City Pads current projects in Uptown and Edgewater (851 Montrose/Hazelton, 1124 Wilson/Wilson Men's Hotel, and 6145 Broadway) will be affordable housing. The rest will be market rate.