What you may not know if that the spots that can't be filled by volunteers are filled by paid staff, and that takes away from the profits, which go to support Uptown United and Business Partners, and all the programming they do year-round.
"We’ve added some new spots to our volunteer registration page for the rest of the weekend. If you, or anyone you know, might be able to help us out this weekend, please register at this link: https://www.eventbrite.com/e/volunteer-sign-up
Full volunteer details below:
Hello RibFest Volunteers!
- Shifts: It’s important that everyone arrives on time and plans to stay for the duration of their shift(s). We will need you to volunteer rain or shine!
- Tips: Volunteers do not receive any monetary compensation for their shifts at the beer tent. All tips and a portion of the beer/wine sales will go to the Chamber.
- Parking: Ribfest will be located on Broadway between Lawrence and Leland in Uptown. Unfortunately, we do not have reserved parking for our volunteers. If possible, please take public transportation:
- Red Line to Wilson or Lawrence stations
- Bus: #36 and #151
- OR….try ParqEx: ParqEx is offering a special promo to guests of this event - $25 in free parking credit ($5 per transaction) when using the promo code UPTOWN. Details here!
- Admission: There will be a $5 suggested donation to get into the festival, but please feel free to tell them you’re a volunteer if you’re asked for a donation at one of the gates.
- Volunteer Registration: Upon arrival, please make your way to the Chamber Tent on the east side of Broadway (near Bridgeview Bank building) to sign-in and receive your t-shirt. DO NOT GO DIRECTLY TO THE BEER TENTS WITHOUT SIGNING IN FIRST! We will also need you to sign the Volunteer Agreement form before volunteering.
- Attire: Please be sure to wear cool and comfortable clothing and, most importantly, comfortable shoes. All volunteers will receive a RibFest t-shirt that should be worn while volunteering. You can pick up your t-shirt anytime during RibFest hours at the Chamber Tent, this Friday through Sunday (12pm – 9pm).
- Water: We will provide all volunteers with water during your shift.
- Contact: If you need to reach me on the day of the event, please call 312-731-6674."