As many of us have heard, Chicago Market is making a bid to become the master lessee for the retail space in the renovated Gerber Building at Wilson and Broadway.* If you'd like to see what they have to offer and to learn more about our prospective new neighbor, there are two upcoming events:
- There will be an ownership informational meeting on Wednesday, June 7th, at Emerald City Coffee, 1224 West Wilson. If you are interested in learning more about the co-op, please attend!
- There will be a June BBQ Pop-Up Market on Saturday, June 10th, at Truman College (1145 West Wilson) between 2-4pm. This is what Chicago Market has to say:
"Our vendors will bring the season's finest, including lots of fresh produce, bread and grains, and meat. All vendors align with Chicago Market's Purchasing Values.*What's going on with the Gerber bidding process? The deadline for prospective lessees to submit questions was May 24th. The deadline for submitting bids to be the lessee are due to the CTA by June 9th.
We'll be joined by:
The charity that will be benefiting from the pop-up is Lakeview Pantry, and music will be provided by Kolleen Blume. RSVP here.
- Mint Creek Farm - Sustainably raised meat and eggs.
- Laird Farms - Poultry, eggs.
- Broad Shoulder BBQ - BBQ sauce
- Niloofar - Persian Trail mix.
- Brü Coffeeworks - Seasonal single origin coffees from all over the world -
- Lena Rose - skincare, lifestyle and bath + body products for the conscious consumer.
- My Chocolate Soul - Premier artisan all-natural chocolate
- Organic Bread of Heaven - Certified organic bread, hamburger and hot dog buns
- Sitka Salmon Shares - Responsible and sustainable wild Alaskan seafood
- Meliora - Natural cleaning products
- Hidden Hive Flowers - Organically grown farm fresh flowers
Incentive: $10 to Spend! Empower yourself to make change in our foodshed and local economy by supporting the cooperative model. Become an Owner before or at the Pop-Up and you get $10 shopping credit. Recruit a friend as a new Owner and you BOTH get the credit!"