- There are a lot of offices on the ballot -- including, of course, the POTUS. There are also a lot of state and county officers, Metropolitan Water Reclamation District Commissioners, one Illinois Constitutional amendment, and a whole lot of judges. If you'd like to see who the various bar associations are recommending, and not, for the judgeships, check out www.voteforjudges.org.
- You can check to make sure you're registered to vote, get a sample ballot, and find your November 8th polling place here.
Through Election Day, on-site voter registration is available at all sites for those who wish to vote then and there. Two forms of ID, including one with your current address, are required. Ditto if you are re-registering with a change of name or address.
The closest neighborhood polling places to Uptown are listed below. Remember that you can vote at any polling place in the city during early voting:
- Truman College, 1145 West Wilson
- Merlo Library, 644 West Belmont
- Welles Park, 2333 West Sunnyside
- Edgewater Library, 6000 North Broadway
The hours for early voting are:
- Monday, October 24-Saturday, October 29: 9am to 5pm
- Sunday, October 30: 10am to 4pm
- Monday, October 31-Saturday, November 5: 9am to 7pm
- Sunday, November 6: 10am to 4pm
- Monday, November 7: 9am to 7pm