Wrigley Field trades base hits for bass guitars in the upcoming week, with four concerts taking place: Pearl Jam on Saturday, August 20 and Monday, August 22; Billy Joel on Friday, August 26; and Luke Bryan on Saturday, August 27. There will be some parking restrictions and other adjustments that will affect residents of Buena Park. In an email today, Ald. Tunney outlines all the changes involved. The entire newsletter is here, and it's lengthy, with good information if you're attending any of the shows. We're just going to highlight what may affect Uptown residents:
"Parking Restrictions on Concert Days
- Clark – East Side Only - Waveland to Irving Park
2pm – Midnight
- Irving Park – Clark to Seminary (both sides)
2pm – Midnight
- Limousines and car services must stage along Irving Park Road. All pickups must occur on Irving Park Road between Clark and Seminary (East of Clark).
- The lights at Wrigley Field will be on throughout the week as the Concert Setup/Takedown takes place.
- Lights will be on OVERNIGHT August 18th, 19th, and 27th.
- On August 20th, 22nd, and 26th, the lights are expected to be on until approximately 2am (after Pearl Jam & Billy Joel Concerts) to facilitate cleaning and load out.
- Sound & Lighting Checks. Sound and lighting checks are anticipated before each concert and should be complete by 10pm. Sound checks should also be anticipated on the day of each concert.
- Concert Day Highlights. The Cubs Hotline will be open One Hour before until Two Hours after the concerts (1-866-427-3869). Residents are encouraged to contact either the Night Game Hotline or 911 to report problems and issues."