This alert gives notice to residents of the 20th District (Lincoln) of three Robberies occurring at the end of June and beginning of July 2015. In each of the Robberies, the offender(s) approached the victims from behind, knocking them to the ground before taking the victims’ jewelry and wallets. All of the Robberies occurred during the day on the sidewalk.
Incident times and locations are listed below:
- 1200 block of West Berwyn Ave. on 30 June 2015 at approx. 12:20 pm.
- 900 block of West Lawrence Ave. on 30 June 2015 at approx. 4:10 pm.
- 4900 block of North Kenmore Ave. on 2 July 2015 at approx. 12:00 pm.
- Male, African American, approximately 16-25 years of age, 5-06 to 5-10, 160-190 lbs, Braided Hair, Dark Complexion
- Male, African American, approximately 16-20 years of age, 5-09, 160 lbs Short Hair
- Report suspicious activity immediately
- Residents should be aware of their surroundings
- Be aware of this crime and alert neighbors
- Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- Contact the Bureau of Detectives – Area North (312) 744-8263
- RD#s HY-321935 / HY-322406 & HY-324314