Work begins Monday, July 6th, and the most important things for you to know:
- If you drive, be aware that the entire area between Sheridan and Broadway will be eastbound only for the duration of the project. Argyle street parking will be reduced.
- If you walk, be aware that some sidewalks will be closed and you are encouraged to walk on the south side of the street.
Ald. Osterman's most recent newsletter has this information:
"The Argyle streetscape project will officially start Monday July 6. The contractors will begin by setting up detour and traffic signs Monday morning. Things to note:
- Traffic will be one-way only going east 24/7 throughout the project.
- Westbound traffic will have detours posted throughout the community.
- Parking will remain on the south side of street, where possible.
- All staging of materials will be in the work zone.
- Stage 1 is from July 6-October 6, 2015; Broadway to Sheridan, north side.
- Stage 2 is from October 6-November 20, 2015; Broadway to Kenmore, south side.
- Winter Shutdown
- Stage 3/4 (Spring 2016): Kenmore to Sheridan and Argyle Street.
|click to enlarge|
The contractor for the project, Speedy Gonzales, will have an onsite office at Argyle, exact location to be announced soon. They will be available to the community to answer any questions and will hold weekly meetings at their office throughout the project. You also may contact the 48th Ward office at 773-784-5277 or email@example.com.
Please continue to support our Argyle community during this improvement of infrastructure by shopping and eating at our local businesses. Click here for more details on the project"