Again, these crimes took place during the late night hours. You know this is the city and you need to be alert whenever you're in public, but be especially vigilant until these bad guys get caught. As always, if you have any information that can help the detectives solve these cases, their contact information is at the bottom of the alert.
"This alert gives notice to residents of the 20th District (Lincoln) of four Robberies occurring in the latter half of December 2014 and early January 2015. Three of the Robberies occurred late in the evening on the sidewalk. The other occurred at the CTA station. The offenders usually approach from different directions and knock down or beat down the victims and remove property from their person. Incident times and locations are listed below:
- 1100 block of West Argyle on 6 December 2014
- 4900 block of North Broadway on 31 December 2014
- 4900 block of North Leavitt on 3 January 2015
- 1400 block of West Winona on 4 January 2015
- The incidents are believed to be occurring between the hours of 10:00 P.M. to 4:00 A.M.
- Offenders are described as (2) Male Black, African Americans, approximately (i) 15-23 years of age, 5-03 to 5-07, 140-160 lbs, Short Hair, Dark Complexion; and (ii) 24-27 years of age, 5-11 to 6-02, 190-220 lbs Short Hair, Dark Complexion
- Report suspicious activity immediately
- Residents should be aware of their surroundings
- Be aware of this crime and alert neighbors
- Call 911 immediately and provide a detailed description of the offender(s) including any vehicle description and license plate information
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- (312) 744-8263
- RD#s HX-550593, HX-560381, HY102333, HY103471"