"This alert gives notice to citizens residing in District 019 of recent robberies that occurred on 04 Jan and 08 Jan 2015. In these incidents the offenders approach the victims as they are walking and strike or push them, grabbing wallets and purses. Incident times and locations are listed below:
- 4500 block of N. Broadway on 04 January 2015 at 2:00am.
- 1000 block of W. Buena on 04 January 2015 at 6:20am.
- 900 block of W. Waveland on 08 January 2015 at 1:45am.
- In the incidents on Broadway and Buena, offenders are described as black males wearing black jackets. Additionally on Buena, one is described as being 5'08, 150 lbs, and the other is described as being 5'05, 130 lbs and wearing beige pants.
- In the Waveland incident, offender #1 is described as a black male, 5'10-6'00, 150-170 lbs, with a black jacket, while the co-offender is described as being 5'07- 6'00, 150-170 lbs.
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Report suspicious activity immediately to 911 and provide a description
- If you are confronted by an assailant remain calm
- Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, limp, acne, tattoos)
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- Dial 911 immediately and remain on scene when possible
- (312) 744-8263
- Pattern P15-N-008(CA)
- RD#s HY103415, HY104150, HY107553"
Update: A day after this alert was issued, the police issued another community alert for crimes fitting a similar pattern in Lincoln Square and north Uptown. Read it here.