|Here's a photo the police released of the suspect in the December 28th robbery.|
While we firmly believe that crime victims are never in the wrong place at the wrong time and that it's the bad guys who shouldn't be there, we urge you to use your street smarts. It's late, the train's not that crowded -- not a good time to take out your phone. If you are ever a crime victim, be sure to file a police report so the cops can see if there's a pattern emerging.
"This alert gives notice to citizens residing in District 019 of recent thefts on CTA trains at the Red Line Wilson stop. The offender grabs a cell phone from victim's hand and runs off the train. Incident times are listed below.
- December 28th, 2014, at approximately 2:15am
- January 9th, 2015, at approximately 10:45pm
- January 14th, 2015, at 11:25pm
- In the December 28th incident, the offender is a black male, approximately 18-25 years, wearing a gray sweatshirt with the "American Eagle" brand logo over a blue hooded sweatshirt and camouflage pants.
- Always be aware of your surroundings
- Be cautious when using and holding electronic items on public transportation
- If you are confronted by an assailant, remain calm
- Remember any unique physical characteristics (ie., scars, tattoos, etc)
- Provide a clothing description, along with height, weight, etc.
- If approached by a witness to the incident, request contact information
- Dial 9-1-1 immediately and remain on scene when possible
- (312) 744-8263
- Pattern P15-N-017(CA)
- RD#s HX557293, HY109571, HY115454"