A third declared candidate has entered the 46th Ward aldermanic race. An Uptown resident, Amy Crawford is a partner with the law firm of Kirkland & Ellis and on the board of North Side Community Federal Credit Union. You can read more about her at her campaign website, AmyFor46.wordpress.com.
To recap the process:
- City elections are in February 2015.
- Candidates are now gathering voters' signatures to get their names on the ballot.
- Nominating petitions of signatures are filed with the Chicago Board of Elections in November.
- Candidates can be knocked off the ballot for not having enough valid signatures, or be challenged on other grounds.
- Campaigning begins in earnest begins after the ballot is set.