Sunday July 20 • Noon to 5 pm • Rain or Shine
Celebrate the best of summer at Buena Park’s second annual neighborhood festival. Explore this vibrant Northside neighborhood and see why things in Chicago really are cooler by the lake. Plus, there is something for everyone!
- TOURS: Architectural Tours of Historic Hutchinson Street, the American Islamic College and St Mary of the Lake
- CARS: World of Wheels Featuring Vintage Cars, Motorcycles and Bikes, Barbeque, tacos and a DJ
- FOOD: Four Fabulous Food Trucks!
- MUSIC: Performances Throughout the Day at Buena Circle
- FAMILY AND KIDS: Interactive Activities, Bouncy House, Face Painting and Special Guests by the Smart Love School on Buena
- ART: Classes, Theater Performances and Art Expo
- PETS: Dog Activities at Challenger Bark Dog Park at Buena Circle
- GARDENS: Tours, Food and Demonstrations at Ginkgo Gardens
- BIKING: Pre-festival Guided Bike Tour starts at Peace Garden at 11
- And Much Much More!
Suggested Donation $5, Kids under 12 free
Know Before You Go
- Where To Find Us: Buena Park is just off the lake, between Irving Park and Montrose.
- Transport: Red Line Sheridan stop. Bus #36, 146 or 151 Buena stop
- Parking: Discounted prepaid parking is available for this event. For $4 off, use promo code BVH14N at parkjockey.com. FREE parking on the day at the Thorek Hospital lot on the south side of Irving Park at Fremont, just west of the BP station.
- Free Trolley Service: Buena Park is a lovely, walkable neighborhood, but for your convenience, a trolley will make a continuous 30-minute loop through the main attractions
- Timing: The festival is open noon to 5 pm, rain or shine, with lots to do at your leisure. However, to help you better plan your afternoon, here is a list of scheduled activities:
- Chicago Architecture Foundation sidewalk tours of the George Maher houses on Hutchinson: 4 tours only—12:30 pm, 1 pm, 1:30 pm, 2 pm.
- Limit 15 persons per tour. Same-day sign up at Smart Love House
- Bike tour: 11 am to noon. Meet at lakefront Peace Garden
- Dog Activities: Noon to 1:30 pm at Challenger Bark/Buena Circle
- American Islamic College Tour and Ebru painting class: Starts 1:30 pm
- Tours of St. Mary of the Lake church at 2:15, 3:15 and 4:15.