"Buena Park Open Day
Sunday, July 14 • Noon to 5 pm
Entrance at 4200 N Clarendon at Buena
Chicago’s Newest Neighborhood Festival
This inaugural summer festival gives you an inside look at a classic Chicago neighborhood that is architecturally significant, culturally diverse, artistically innovative—and a whole lot of fun. Enjoy!
- Hutchinson Street. Chicago Architecture Foundation 30-minute sidewalk tours of the George Maher houses: 30 minute walks at 12:30, 1, 1:30, 2, 3 and 4.
- St. Mary of the Lake. Tours of both interior and exterior of this historic 100-year-old Italian Renaissance church led by Father Jim. 2:15 pm and 3 pm. 4200 N. Sheridan Rd.
- Smart Love House. Tours of the house known affectionately as the Mansion on Buena. All day. Buena and Clarendon.
- Ginkgo Organic Gardens. Meet volunteers, take tours and, learn about this community garden. Plus they will be grilling and sharing food.. All Day. 4055 N. Kenmore.
- Peace Garden (4200 N Marine Drive)
12:30-2: talk with a Chicago Park District Horticulturalist and learn about the native plantings
3:00-5:00 Get down with the LowEndTheory Drum Ensemble A fusion of West African beats mixed with a touch of hip-hop flavor that is sure to get your hips movin'! .ARTS and PERFORMANCE
- Arts Expo. Local authors and storytelling. Different authors every hour. Plus check out the art on the walls 4101 N. Broadway.
- Master Class Showcase. Watch new scenes every 15 minutes! 2 pm to 4 pm. Profiles Theatre, 4147 Broadway
FAMILY FUN and OTHER ACTIVITIES
- Pawcasso Challenger Bark. Canine painting at this fund raiser for PAWS. Note: separate fee. Noon to 1:30 pm at Buena and Kenmore.
- CDOT Bicycle Ambassadors. Noon to 3 pm. Bike safety tips and a Bike Rodeo. Smart Love parking lot
- Family-Friendly Activities and Games. All Day. Smart Love House.
- Chitown Tamales Food Truck—Smart Love House parking lot
- Ice Cream from the Melody Ice Cream Co.—at Smart Love House
- Bar-B-Q and Lemonade—Ginkgo Organic Gardens
- Special offers on refreshments from our sponsors:
• The Reservoir, 844 W. MontroseMany thanks to our sponsors. Their commitment to our neighborhood has made this event possible. Show them some love!
• Bar on Buena, 910 W. Buena
• Michael’s Pizzeria & Tavern, 4091 N. Broadway
•The Dollop, 4181 N Clarendon
Reside living • Thorek Hospital • 7/Eleven • The Reservoir • Chase Bank • Princess Cleaners • SSA 24 • Clarendon Market • Coldwell Banker • PHH Home Loans • Matt’s Cookies • Impark • Razon Restaurant • European and US Car Service"