With the annual Pride Parade extending through the Uptown Community for the first time, Uptown is welcoming the LGBT community like never before.
- On Saturday, June 23rd, the annual Dyke March kicks off for the first time in Uptown, leaving Margate Park and proceeding along Sheridan, Broadway and Argyle Streets.
- On Sunday, June 24th, the annual Montrose Rocks event will take place at Montrose Harbor welcoming a diverse LGBT community to a hip-hop inspired Gay Pride event.
- And this year on Sunday, June 24th, at noon the Annual Gay Pride Parade will step off in Uptown.
- These events are highlighted on Uptown United’s LGBT dedicated UptownProud.org website.
The Love Crawl is a Love Boat themed pub crawl with commemorative T-shirt, trolley ride, and a costume contest with the chance of winning over $100 in prizes. Co-sponsored by Windy City Times/Night Spots, Stella Beer and Brotherhood of the Phoenix, we expect Love Crawl to sell out and be a roaring good time. Go to uptownproud.org or www.uptownbusinesspartners.com for more information on The First Love Crawl in Uptown.
The Love Crawl and other Uptown-based specials and events taking place during Pride month can be found at UptownProud.org and include Pride Weekend specials like:
- 15% off your bill at The Cousins Restaurant if you mention Uptown Proud
- early hours and drink specials at Crew Bar + Grill
- new brunch offerings from Baker & Nosh
- as well and LGBT related theater performances by Uptown’s About Face, and Annoyance Theaters throughout the month of June.